Research|New York, NY
Wolfe Research is seeking a Research Assistant who has interest in the world of finance and cash equities, or any other fast-paced career path, but are not sure where they might fit, and are also looking to gain much needed experience in a corporate, but entrepreneurial setting. Responsibilities include traditional administrative tasks such as travel and event planning, expense reporting, phones, and data base maintenance, in addition to including the ability to grow with your teams into project research associate work. This position provides the unique opportunity to learn about the distinctive roles of sales, research, trading, capital markets, marketing, operations, and accounting, in a fast-paced environment of a quickly growing company, while developing a basic general understanding of finance and strong corporate practices including marketing and compliance. Wolfe Research is a mentoring shop promoting professional growth. We provide motivated candidates the opportunity to explore career paths within the firm and to take on added responsibilities as they are ready for it. Research Assistants are provided a mentor, group and individual career development sessions and can earn the opportunity to transition into progressive roles within the firm.
- Support 2-3 Managing Director or Director level, Senior Equity Research analysts and their teams. Wolfe’s analysts are some of the top analysts on all of Wall Street and they have very large and dominant franchises.
- Book travel and prepare expense reports, maintain analysts’ calendars, schedule meetings, conference calls and global marketing calendars.
- Responsible for phone, video and webinar coverage.
- Maintain distribution lists and other data base and excel lists.
- Coordinate all event related logistics, including catering, audio/visual set-up, providing marketing materials, ground, and air transportation.
- Assist with planning of firm conferences and other marketing events.
- Assist Analysts with managing personal matters to make work more efficient, when required.
- When ready for additional responsibility, assist research analysts and their associate teams with overflow research projects, reports, surveys, data compilation, and other tasks.
- Daily work within Microsoft Suite, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Heavy use of CRM Salesforce.com and other internal data bases
- Bloomberg and/or FactSet terminal use may be needed for special projects (prior experience not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong GPA, preferably Business and /or Finance
- Desire to be the best at whatever you do and an open mind to learning
- Collaborative nature in work process working with team and supporting other teams and not afraid to ask for help from other teams when needed.
- Strong Excel skills
- Admin experience preferred
- An interest (curiosity) in Finance with a high degree of motivation to succeed as an individual and with your team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
- Proactively handle regular activities without prompting.
- Exhibit a high degree of motivation, sense of urgency and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to demonstrate strong teamwork to work and work in partnership with all other teams at the firm.
- Desire to build career and not just find a job.
Interested candidates, please apply via the application.